3DXNano ESD ABS + Carbon Nanotube Filament
|Technology||FFF / FDM|
|Materials||ABS, Carbon fiber|
|Suitable for||Home, Office, Lab, Prosumers|
|Price EUR||75.00 €|
|Price USD||$83.00 USD|
|Tensile Modulus Max||2 131.00MPa|
|Tensile Modulus Min|
|Elongation at break Max||3.75%|
|Elongation at break Min|
|Flexural Modulus Max||2 174.00MPa|
|Flexural Modulus Min|
|Flexural Strength Max||80.00MPa|
|Flexural Strength Min|
|Glass Transition Temp Max|
|Glass Transition Temp Min|
|Hardness Shore Scale|
|USP Class VI Certified|
Target surface resistance: 10^7 to 10^9 Ohm. Compare to Stratasys ABS-ESD7 in performance and price and you'll never go back!
3DXNano™ ESD ABS Carbon Nanotube (CNT) enhanced compounds are used in critical applications that require electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection and a high level of cleanliness. Manufactured with consistency in mind - 3DXTech starts with MG-94 Premium ABS and then compounds according to a proprietary formulation of multi-wall carbon nanotubes and process / dispersion modifiers - giving you a filament with excellent printing characteristics and consistent ESD properties.
Benefits of CNTs include:
- Consistent surface resistivity
- Low additive loading rates
- Improved retention of impact & elongation
- Low particulate contamination
- Minimal contribution to outgassing and ionic contamination
Typical applications include:
- Semi-con: HDD Components, Wafer Handling, Jigs, Casings, & Connectors
- Industrial: Conveying, Metering, and Sensing applications
Target conductivity for 3DXNano™ ESD ABS:
- 10^7 to 10^9 Ohm surface resistivity on 3DP sample using concentric ring method.
- Note: Internal studies have indicated that increased extruder temperatures can achieve higher levels of conductivity. Likewise, lower extruder temperatures have resulted in lower levels of conductivity. Each printer is set-up differently as well as varied part geometry. Therefore, expect some trial time to understand how this filament works in your specific printer / application. However, please do not exceed 260°C to reduce the risk of polymer degradation.
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder: 245-255°C. 3DXNano™ ESD ABS is a filled product and has a higher melt viscosity vs. unfilled ABS. Therefore, it is sometimes necessary to print at higher temperatures to allow the resin to flow properly.
- Bed Temp: 100-110°C
- Bed Prep: Kapton Tape, ABS/Acetone Slurry (we typically use both)
Health & Safety
- Please download and read the MSDS for this product.
- Please print in a well-ventilated area.
- This product contains multi-wall carbon nanotubes (CNTs). The CNTs contained in this product are fully encapsulated in the polymer matrix and do not migrate out of the product during handling or processing.
- We do not recommend that users sand, drill, or perform other mechanical operations on this polymer that may cause particulates of polymer and CNT to become airborne. Moisture (i.e., wet sanding) eliminates this dust / particulate risk.
- Do not exceed 260°C extruder temperature. This polymer is thermally stable at temperatures above 255°C, however this temperature limit will help assure that polymer degradation does not become an issue.